You may have heard your friends or family talk about seeing a Naturopath / Medical Herbalist, but what do they actually do? You might be surprised to read the following...
Here are 5 things that you may not know about a Naturopath:
1. Naturopaths and Medical Herbalists are Trained Professionals
- We go through strict training before becoming licensed to treat the health conditions affecting you and your family. A qualified natural health practitioner in New Zealand is educated in science-based research, anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology (the processes involved in a disease), biochemistry, herbal medicine and pharmacology training. It is a 3 year degree that maintains stringent professional standards.
2. We Treat the Cause
- Prescription medications often deal with symptoms. At The Good Health Room we focus on working on a deeper level. By identifying and treating the cause of disease, rather than the symptoms, the body can better regulate and heal itself. In doing so, you not only feel better, you can actually get better too!
3. You have time
- Instead of a 15-minute appointment to address what are your immediate health concerns, at The Good Health Room we have 45-75 minute appointments where we can begin to understand the symptoms, look at investigating and treating the causes and have a prevention plan.
4. We can help establish lifestyle changes that are right for you
- Whether you're experiencing bloating, sleeplessness, anxiety or any other symptom impacting your wellbeing, The Good Health Room can look at the whole picture from foods you're eating (or not eating), supplements or powerful herbal formulas you may need, exercise... the whole lot! We can then put together an achievable plan to see you in a healthier lifestyle and operating at the best version of you.
5. Save you money
- It is common for clients to come for a consult after having spent lots of money on individual products trying to target individual symptoms. At The Good Health Room we can prescribe the right treatment that is specific to you and your overall health. Being on the right healthcare regime can save you money in the long run, by avoiding the purchase of products that may not be effective or safe for you and your specific condition.
There are many good reasons to see a Naturopath and Medical Herbalist and these are just a few!
Good health is just around the corner at The Good Health Room. Contact us today to see how we can help your overall wellbeing!